Sauti East Africa provides trade and market information services that empower East Africa’s women led SMEs to trade safely and profitably across borders. Cross-border trade provides crucial opportunities to advance women’s economic and social empowerment across the East African Community. However, limited access to market and trade information leaves traders vulnerable to loss of profits and exploitation by dishonest middlemen. Similarly, with limited access to official procedures and documentation, small-scale traders are particularly vulnerable to exploitation.
Sauti’s mobile-based information platforms leverage SMS and USSD technology to deliver up-to-date information on commodity prices, exchange rates, taxes, and official border procedures. Sauti’s platform enables anyone with a mobile phone to access tailored business information and report border experiences anytime, anywhere, and in preferred local languages.
We are currently operational in Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda, and we are in the process of scaling across the East Africa region.
We are now expanding our team and we are looking for a Project Assistant!
The Project assistant will help organise Sauti’s activities and communication by providing administrative support on various projects. They will be expected to support the smooth running of Sauti’s activities and ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive.
She/he will report to Sauti’s CEO and work with the wider team.
- Manage Sauti’s customer care line and respond to users’ calls and queries as necessary
- Carry out daily checks of Sauti’s platforms and monitor usage
- Coordinate Sauti’s team calendar and schedule meetings
- Manage the exchange of correspondence with Sauti’s network and partners in a professional and timely manner
- Write up notes and reports on important meetings and project activities
- Support the planning and logistics of team activities, events and travel
- Manage Sauti’s contacts database
- Edit and draft documents as required e.g. correspondence letters, MOUs, training materials, project reports
- Manage and control Sauti’s documentation and records
- Support with other administrative tasks where necessary
- Assist with monthly petty cash reconciliation and monitor project spending
- Assist with monitoring spending on marketing (e.g. SMS)
- Ensure monthly invoices and receipts are saved correctly
- Prepare outgoing payments on a monthly basis
- Ensure procurement procedures are followed
- Review expense reports and support the team with finalising them in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree preferred as minimum qualification
- Proficient in both English and Kiswahili
- Computer literacy is essential, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web apps
Required Skill set
- Clear and confident written and verbal communication in both English and Kiswahili
- Good numerical skills and ability to work with numbers
- Attentive to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to converse with Sauti’s clients and user-base
- Collaborative, adaptable and proactive working style
- Able to accept constructive feedback and accept a high level of responsibility
- A well-rounded individual and good self-starter, able to work independently, multi-task and solve problems.
- Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel within the region
- Duration: 1 year, full-time
- Preferred Start Date: January 2020
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 15th November. Please apply by completing the application form here.
In case of any clarifications about the role or the application process please email email@example.com, however please be aware that responses may be slow over the application period. Please note that we will not accept any applications via email.