Sauti’s Quarterly User Insights Report: January – March 2021
- 13 April 2021
- Posted by: admin_Lance
- Categories: Sauti User Insights, Updates
In this quarterly report, we have analysed user growth and interactions with Sauti market and trade information platforms in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. Sauti’s Q1 2021 saw 4,997 new users access the multi-regional platform, mostly driven by outreach activities in Kenya and the launch of the WhatsApp platform.
- In Kenya, the most requested information related to exchange rates, followed by weather
- In Uganda, the most requested information related to exchange rates, followed by market prices
- In Rwanda the most requested information related to market prices, followed by market prices
- In Tanzania the most requested information related to weather, followed by market prices
- Maize and Beans remain the dominant market prices requested by users on all platforms
In comparison to our Q4 2020 report, there has been an increase in requests for COVID-19 information in Kenya and Uganda. Additionally, the share of price requests for domestic markets, rather than cross-border markets, continues to grow on all four countries – likely a reflection of COVIDs continuing impact on cross-border trade.
The report also includes the following additional analyses
- selected languages;
- markets requested;
- commodities requested;
- exchange rate directions; and,
- border experience reports.