EAC Market and Trade Information on WhatsApp
- 15 April 2021
- Posted by: Kalia
- Category: Updates
We are glad to announce that Sauti’s trade and information platform is now available and accessible to anyone, anywhere via WhatsApp.
Message “hello” on WhatsApp to +254 20 389 3576 and you’ll be able to explore our free business and social services information, tailored for farmers, traders, and small businesses in East Africa:
- Up-to-date market prices for over 150 commodities in 200 marketplaces throughout 5 East African countries
- Real-time currency exchange rates
- Real-time weather forecasts
- Official and verified trade procedures and tax rates for EAC countries
- Finance management and local Services
- Agriculture info and local services
Sauti’s new WhatsApp service for trade and market information adds another accessible channel to Sauti’s suite of information platforms designed for East Africa’s farmers, traders, and small businesses.
WhatsApp allows us to leverage more design and multimedia capacities, such as images, emojis, and text style to highlight important information and increase legibility. We have worked with local partners to specifically tailor relevant information, which is also available in Swahili.